HOUSTON JUNIOR FORUM - RESALE SHOP     

Welcome to the Houston Junior Forum
About US
President's Message
Donate to HJF
Houston Junior Forum Projects and Service
HJF Resale Shop
HJF College Scholarship Program
Volunteer Service Opportunites
Events
HJF in the News
Contact Us
ABOUT JUNIOR FORUMS INC.
MEMBERS LOG IN


HOUSTON JUNIOR FORUM (5.0 star rating)
7/12/2011
 HJF Resale Shop Review from  YELP.COM:

 "I love love love resale stores. This is your main stream resale get in get out store. They have the monthly discount system, where each month they reduce the price by about 25%.

Now what is different about this resale store is if you are a senior citizen, they will give you 10% off your purchase on Wednesday...

The ladies who work at the shop remember you and aways need an update of your life. They have great quality items and every time you go in it is a new adventure."
- Terah K., Houston, TX

A 10% discount is given to customers on Wednesday who are 62 years or older and 10% discount is also given on the first Saturday of every month.

For additional information, call 713-868-6970

The HJF Resale Shop, owned and operated by Houston Junior Forum, has been offering reasonably priced used merchandise since 1969.  The current shop at 1815 Rutland opened in 1987 and features furniture, clothing, antiques, decorative accessories and household items.

Items for resale at the HJF Resale Shop


The Houston Junior Forum Resale Shop accepts furniture consignments and tax deductible donations Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.

Pick up is available for large donated items, call 713-868-6970.

Mattresses, computers, monitors and sports equipment are not accepted for consignment or donation.

Items for consignment must be clean and in good repair. 60% of the amount received for the sale of the consigned items is paid to the consignor. The remaining 40% is used to benefit projects of the HJF.

Hours: Monday through Saturday
9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.

Location: 1815 Rutland in the Houston Heights Shopping DistrictHouston Junior Forum Resale Shop

Directions: North from Interstate 10 on Shepherd; turn right (east) on 18th Street. (click for map)

For additional information, call the Houston Junior Forum Resale Shop at 713-868-6974.

To donate monetary contributions to the Resale Shop, click here.

HJF Resale Shop In The News:

'Little gem' helps pay for projects
Shop part of 65 years of Junior Forum programs
By NICHOLAS COLE CHRONICLE CORRESPONDENT
June 20, 2011, 2:13PM

When Stephen Quezada arrived on the University of Houston's campus seven years ago, paying for books and other expenses not covered by financial aid wasn't a problem for him, thanks to the Houston Junior Forum.

The Houston Junior Forum, which awards college scholarships to high school seniors who have attended the Community House Preschool, is celebrating 65 years of service to the children, youths and senior adults of Houston.

"The scholarship has been a big help," said Quezada, a University of Houston Law graduate.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/zones/7618700.html#ixzz1QbMMjZfE

The Houston Junior Forum is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and does not receive any governmental or United Way funding.
HJF gratefully acknowledges the financial support of individuals and the many local foundations and corporations whose generosity enables HJF members to serve so many in the Houston community.

Continued support will enable HJF to help secure the future of HJF projects and those served in the community through them.